• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Turion chips

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Avg

I wanted to know when will these chips will be available, not a laptop with it just the cpu.

I just want something to replace the dtr with, I won't be overclocking it, I saw a couple of articles which show the Turion chips don't need as much energy.

edit: just so you know the Turion don't follow the same name scheme as the a64, so it not just a s754, the only turion I saw there was ML-40 for $800, that is over half of what I paid for the laptop.

I would second Cuba in recommending a Newark. The Newarks are DTR parts, which means that techincally they consume more power and dissipate more heat. The Turions have better thermal properties--at a price. You could easily spend nearly as much as you would on an FX55 in order to secure one of these puppies, and in all likelihood, the reduced power consumption would not be noticeable at all on a desktop. The Newarks can undervolt very well, and can also clock well if you wish them to.

This is for a notebook computer the one in my sig, I want to save some battery life and wanted to get one of these turions but if they are a lot of money it isn't worth it, I prefer looking for a outlet where ever I go.

I would expect the Newark to accomplish that as well. The Newark does consume only 35W of power at 1.35v. If you have the ability to lower this, I'd expect it to handle it easily.

Back