• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UT nF3 250Gb Problem - CPU? BIOS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blooz1

Registered
I tore up my 250Gb rig today to install new PSU/CDRW/HS/RAM as described in this thread:

Original thread at DFI Street- kinda long!

As you can see, at least now I know the PSU's not dead!

BUT; could I have done something to the CPU while installing the new HS?

Is the blinking standby LED really an indicator of a corrupted BIOS? I know I can get a new one from Badflash.com, but I hate to have to spend the money if there's something else I can try first! (My van needs work also - transportation is a necessary thing!)

Please give me some opinions anyways! As you can see, I'm not getting too much help so far!

Thanks in advance......

Well the old standby technique is to take everything out and off except the motherboard, CPU, PSU and memory. I would suggest you start with your old memory since it worked. If the mobo, cpu, memory and bios are good then it should boot. That's about as basic a setup you can get. You could hot flash your bios but that does take a spare bios chip.

If you get lucky and it does come up then the next step is to shutdown and add the video card. Continue along adding one component at a time till the bad part is found.

On rare occasions folks can short the board to case by thightening the mounting screws to tight, you might unscrew the board from the case and place a pad between the mobo and case.

Good luck and hope it isn't your CPU. Sounds like you were careful but sh** happens.

Last edited:
Back