• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i'm back to old school case, which one is good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

warlock110

http://www.thermaltake.com/xaserCase/soprano/bws/bws.htm
TT Suprano (it looks like one of the cooler master case), i think i might have saw it at my local shop for 60 which isn't too bad, it's a tad better than the sonata IMO, it has window, and a bit larger than the sonata, i can get the sonata for 60AR and it comes with a 380watt antec PSU, so it's pretty much a trade up, i personally don't like the sonata, and this case doesn't look too bad.

http://www.thermaltake.com/xaserCase/tsunami/bwa/bwa.htm
The TT Tsunami Series, i honestly don't see the differerence between this one and the one listed above.

I just want a case with front/back 120mm fan and i also need a quieter PSU, i have a TT Purepower and it's loud, any recommendation is great, price is a big issue, i don't wanna go over 100 for the case alone. I have a great full tower but it has no back exhuast and i had to do top exhaust, it's rather ugly IMO, so i'm getting a new case. to warp it up i don't like TT product but i'll be honest and say that some of their product are ok and their price is cheaper than the competitor.

warlock110 said:
i honestly don't see the differerence between this one and the one listed above.

The soprano is made of steel, the tsunami of aluminium. The front of the soprano is more restrictive than that of the tsunami, i personally prefer the tsunami....mainly due to its looks as opposed to its construction material.

Generally, aluminum cases are louded than their steel counterparts due to them being more prone to and better able at conducting vibration/resonance.

I have decided to wait until later in the summer before purchasing my new case. Like you i want 120mm front and back (also a side window would be nice) and i think companies are goona start producing more of these as the year goes on.

D.L

i'll wait till BTX comes out and it'll drop the price of ATX case, i honestly don't see the advantage of BTX... so i'm gonna stick with ATX for a while.

Back