• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD overclocker Noober

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

honhon

hey all, i have just finished installing everything on the system in my signature and im de-crypting the CS:S HL2 files as i type.

the system is running strong and might i say VERY quick, quicker than what i had thought, i think alot has to do with the choice of ram i had chosen to shell out the extra bucks for.

but anyways, my AMD XP-M is running @ 2.14ghz from the windows properties, what i want to get to is roughly 2.2ghz and the knowledge to get to 2.3 or even 2.4. right now in the bios i have FSB set to 133, which the computer translates to 266mhz and then my multiplier is set to 16X @ stock voltage also, which i believe is 1.575.

so if anyone can help me i will be greatly appreciative!

and yes. i am happy to be on the darkside :cool:

:EDIT: the stock ghz of my cpu is 2.0 @ 266mhz FSB

just up your FSB a bit at a time until it no longer will boot into windows, then lower it 5mhz FSB from that max. From there, do stability testing.

works for me, though i'm sure others here have other methods of doing it.

You should have no trouble hitting 2.4 or better with your setup. I say drop the multi and up the FSB. You have to keep the AGP/PCI clock as close to 66.66/33.33 as possible for now. Use the PCI lock if you have one or a CPU to PCI divider (I'm at /6). Keep trying, keep good notes on what you do in your BIOS, don't forget where your BIOS reset jumper is. :attn:
Killa

Back