• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Possable HS for video card's ram and southbridge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sunrunner20

Masta Tweeka!
I'm wondering if there are any secrets for a good heat sink for my Southbridge (I want to keep onboard sound when I OC' so it'll need one) and the ram on my video card. I currently have my eye on one of the many HS's in my collection.
IMG_2524.JPG

Is an image of the heat sink from different angles and I have 67 of the things so I need to find *some* use for them. So, I'm wondering how effective those would be if I cut some up for mounting on my 6800U's Ram chips and for my Southbridge when I start to over clock.

I think they would work great as passive coolers. Just do a test fit for clearance. I had some problems with sinking my southbridge and the pci card I had in that slot. I had to use a low-profile sink so it would clear the pci card. Same goes for video card, but I doubt you'd have any clearence problems there.

How are you going to affix them? I picked up some AS5 epoxy for my ramsinks and sb sink. Worked perfect and set up very quick. You just have to be careful as the AS5 epoxy is slightly conductive.

I am going to use thermal tape to put them on, not going to use anything permanent anywhere in my system. Don't like "permanant" items 'spically sence i'll likely be chaning things often.

Back