• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone else getting random lockups in bf2 demo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blitzkrieg1110

i dont know if its something with my system or maybe with the demo but i have been getting some random lockups in the bf2 demo and i was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem. :shrug: usually its on the menu and if im looking for a server or something......its really starting to tick me off as half the time it locks up so badly i cant even ctrl-alt-delete and end the program! i dunno.....

Sjaak said:
No problems here.

Except maybe when hitting [ESC] to finetune my chopper settings...tends to hang for a minute then.
ya i hang sometimes too, but sometimes it turns into a full lockup.....

Yea it locked up on me when I tried connecting to an online server. I haven't tried it again after that because I don't want to wait for the game to load if it locks up again.

My problem is that ever so often (explosion or somthing) I will get a black screen for 2-3 seconds. Just long enought to loose my chopper etc. Now that the timer has been disabled I notice it does it on and off for a while. But If I have been playing for 30mins, it doesnt happen at all.

I backed my shadows/lighting down to squeeze more frames out. Still has the same problem.

Ive had: In game crashes, server browser lockups, post exit delays, several lockups requiring reboot, Escape key crashes/freezes/delay, etc.

The server browser is horrible, and Punkbuster kicks me randomly too!

buttonmash said:
Ive had: In game crashes, server browser lockups, post exit delays, several lockups requiring reboot, Escape key crashes/freezes/delay, etc.

The server browser is horrible, and Punkbuster kicks me randomly too!
When you say "post exit delays" do you mean after you get out of the game and back to desktop? I have that problem, it takes about 30 seconds before I can do anything, like open a file, start another game etc.

Im glad im not the only one with problem I think its the server because now it works fine. One problem I have is when I exit it never leaves the proccesses, it uses no CPU just 250 megs of ram. So I need to manually end.

dogooder said:
When you say "post exit delays" do you mean after you get out of the game and back to desktop? I have that problem, it takes about 30 seconds before I can do anything, like open a file, start another game etc.

Exactly to the "T". The other problem is the BF2 background music continues to play until it eventually "refreshs" and allows for desktop functionality.

scrolling with the server browser is SO SLOW, that's my only gripe, i've had lockups too but, 1942 was the same way.

I had some lock-ups too. Brought down my GPU oc, adjusted RAM timings, and reinstalled the demo. I can only play it on MED settings.

Nvidia current driver (71.XX) are older than the one BF2 (77.xx) allows you to install. :bang head

Drec said:
scrolling with the server browser is SO SLOW, that's my only gripe, i've had lockups too but, 1942 was the same way.

Yea and that is being fixed in retail so says EA or Dice.

I'm surprised at how many of you guys have problems with your comps and yet seem to be active members of one of the best troubleshooting sites on the net.

There's a wealth of knowledge on this site, nobody showed me how to troubleshoot problems and just from reading sites like this I can fix just about anything. When I got to my hardware class at school I could practically teach it.

SMASH HEAD ON KEYBOARD TO CONTINUE

These lockups are driving me insane :mad: Freeze for a few seconds and the sound loops, then starts back up again like bad lag. Twice it's crashed so bad I had to hit the power button...

fuzzba11 said:
SMASH HEAD ON KEYBOARD TO CONTINUE

These lockups are driving me insane :mad: Freeze for a few seconds and the sound loops, then starts back up again like bad lag. Twice it's crashed so bad I had to hit the power button...
ive had to hit the restart button about 3 times since i downloaded the demo the first day......the demo is most definetely not stable....

WuChild said:
Yea and that is being fixed in retail so says EA or Dice.

I'm surprised at how many of you guys have problems with your comps and yet seem to be active members of one of the best troubleshooting sites on the net.

There's a wealth of knowledge on this site, nobody showed me how to troubleshoot problems and just from reading sites like this I can fix just about anything. When I got to my hardware class at school I could practically teach it.
LOL- What are you trying to say? I play many games, why all of a sudden BF2 gives me problems! Please sir tell me what wrong with mine? :rolleyes:

WuChild said:

What makes you think it is our computers? For most people it is the game itself. I'd imagine that most members (myself included) who are having problems don't have any problems in other games and applications.

When specific problems are as widespread as the problems with the BF2 Demo, it is almost certainly the fault of the game.

To get back on track, I also get lockups on the server browser screen, as well as a few in-game network problems (studdering and "There is a problem with your connection" message occasionally), its not graphic lag, the game works fine in singleplayer. However if the previous Battlefield games are any indicator, EA will come along very soon with a patch to fix their problems.

I really do enjoy the game though, I can see myself having hours of fun playing if they fix these problems.

For the most part things have run fairly good for me . Maybe a Esc lock up once or twice and thats it .

Back