• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone else getting random lockups in bf2 demo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I need some help, i posted yesterday that im still having the black screen on start up then drops back to the desktop, i tried wat it said bout putting those two files in the system32 folder, and didnt help much, ne ideas? i got a GeForce4 MX 4000, i hope thats not the problem, i play source just fine with it..thanks for the time...
Djfusion

Djfusion said:
I need some help, i posted yesterday that im still having the black screen on start up then drops back to the desktop, i tried wat it said bout putting those two files in the system32 folder, and didnt help much, ne ideas? i got a GeForce4 MX 4000, i hope thats not the problem, i play source just fine with it..thanks for the time...
Djfusion

Your video card is not supported by the game, and i'm not sure if it is even with the shader hack.

Djfusion said:
*sigh*....thanks for the help

If you really want to play the game (and yes you do - it rocks!) i suggest you go look for a cheap 9700, 9800 or 6600AGP which will run the game nice on medium settings.

Camacho111 said:
LOL- What are you trying to say? I play many games, why all of a sudden BF2 gives me problems! Please sir tell me what wrong with mine? :rolleyes:
i know what you mean, i played BF2 and it ****ed me off so much i just went of and played different games. i'll stick with Call of duty untill BF2 gets some bugs fixed...

Leviathan41 said:
What makes you think it is our computers? For most people it is the game itself. I'd imagine that most members (myself included) who are having problems don't have any problems in other games and applications.

My comment was sort of a general observation about a lot of problem posts I see in the game forum, not just about BF2, I should have said that. Obviously I'm not going to make the same post in multiple threads just to make that point but I should have been clearer.

What Sjaak said - it's a demo, lots of bugs. You'll get the retail version, play for a week, then this gigantic 80 mb patch will be available for download. I remember BF1, it took a bit for it to run smoothly on my ATi 8500.

eli said:
What Sjaak said - it's a demo, lots of bugs. You'll get the retail version, play for a week, then this gigantic 80 mb patch will be available for download. I remember BF1, it took a bit for it to run smoothly on my ATi 8500.

Exactly. Battlefield ain't no Battlefield without a patch of at least 150MB :D

Sjaak said:
Exactly. Battlefield ain't no Battlefield without a patch of at least 150MB :D

i know, i had dial up when that patch came out, i click download and see like 172mb, thought i was downloading the whole game :rolleyes:

Drec said:
i know, i had dial up when that patch came out, i click download and see like 172mb, thought i was downloading the whole game :rolleyes:

Wow, dial up. When we had dial up i was playing Red Alert 2 online like a madman..back in 2001 lol.

/TJ

This demo is seriously pathetic, it makes you sit through the whole "optimizing shaders" and then lags on me ever 30 seconds. I would think that a game should actually have to have good graphics to stutter on my system, but nooooooo. We couldn't actually make the new Battlefield look good! That just wouldn't make it a Battlefield game!! So lets PRETEND it has good graphics by making people think they need to upgrade their systems!

I can run Call of Duty, Far Cry, Doom 3, and Half Life 2 smooth as silk, so whoever released this "demo" deserves to be hit by a train then mashed under an M1A1 for all the grief they've caused.

eli said:

that's comforting to know, historically...

i wouldn't buy the game otherwise unless they re-released a less buggy demo :)

Chixofnix said:
that's comforting to know, historically...

i wouldn't buy the game otherwise unless they re-released a less buggy demo :)

Not going to happen. ;)

Maybe they'll do some separate patching of the demo for those that are content with just one level.

Back