• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Happened????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

joelkyr

I dont know if this is were i should post this, so if not just move it :santa: My Crtl-Alt-Del is not working, I dont know why, is their any way i can access Task Manager.

right click on the taskbar and select task manager from the popup menu.

what happened to your alt-ctrl-del? have you tried rebooting?

That is bad man, i had a virus delete my task manager once. Im surprised you havent gotten an error message saying critical system files are gone insert your os disk to reload them. That is all i had to do.

Your best bet is to repair your windows install. Just insert the xp disk and let it come up to setup and yes it will look like you are going to install windows. Dont go to the recovery console, just say yes you want to install windows, then press F8 to agree to teh licence aggreement, then once you get teh screen where you can delete and create partions it should have the option to repair your current windows installation. Choose that option and your system files should be reloaded.

Be warned though that some programs may not work and may have to be installed again.

If i were you i would back up all of my stuff, format and do a fresh install of windows.

Assuming you're running XP...

Lift Restrictions - Task Manager, Regedit and CMD (Line 275)
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Enable the Task Manager (Line 51)
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Check your settings here (if you're running the Pro version of XP)...Start | Run | Type gpedit.msc, and click OK | Expand the following branch in Group Policy...

Local Computer Policy | User Configuration | Administrative Templates | System | Crtl+Alt+Del Options

In the RH pane double click "Remove Task Manager", and select the "Disabled" radio button.

redduc900 said:
Assuming you're running XP...

Check your settings here (if you're running the Pro version of XP)...Start | Run | Type gpedit.msc, and click OK | Expand the following branch in Group Policy...

Local Computer Policy | User Configuration | Administrative Templates | System | Crtl+Alt+Del Options

In the RH pane double click "Remove Task Manager", and select the "Disabled" radio button.

yes im running XP Pro, so if i follow this, this would totaly disable my Task Manager, but i want the opposite, its not running right now, correct me if im wrong:confused:

The "Enabled" radio button disables TM, and the "Disabled" radio button enables it. From the "Explain" tab of the Ctrl+Alt+Del GP...
If this setting is enabled and users try to start Task Manager, a message appears explaining that a policy prevents the action.

Yeah, that's how a lot of the GP settings work. . .you are enabling the disabling of the feature if you set it to 'enable', making it disabled, and you are disabling the disabling of the feature if you set it to disabled, making it enabled. Simple!

still not working, tried what you said but to know avail.....so whats the next thing that i can do?:)

Guys I need help on this, Programs just keeps on installing itself which I already deleted, this is the third time that i did it and it just keeps coming back, send the cavalry!!!!!HELP:mad:

Back