• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Underperforming Athlon 64 plz help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neeseius

on 3dmark 01 a few days ago with my below specs I scored 22500 which is fine I guess. But now I suddenly only get 19k. This started happening last night after overclocking my CPU. It's clocked back down to normal but my scores are significantly lower and I triple checked all the settings in the bios. Last night I brought my CPU vcore all the way up to 1.58v (I lowered back to normal after I was don) while overclocking but I cant help but find it unlikely I damaged my CPU right? So I reinstalled my motherboard drivers and Graphics drivers and my score went up to 21K, but I'm still 1500 points off. So now I'm going to flash both bios's as well.
Any help would be great!
but also at Epox's website here I'm not sure which bios to install, they all seem to have different fixes?

EDIT - Does anyone know where I can find the latest and best X850XTPE AGP8x bios driver?

Last edited:
Alright first off, the Epox BIOS, get the ones that have the most recent date on them.

Next, google for "Diskeeper Lite" and download that, it's a disk defragmentor which will defragment fragmented files on your harddrive, fragmented files can kill performance unless defraged every few days, and daily at best.

PM me if u have ne Epox questions, i have an Epox board.

Do you have any P2P programs installed (like Kazza, LimeWire) cause I had the same problem like you and after uninstalling them my scores went up.

Check this thread here

RedDragonXXX said:
Do you have any P2P programs installed (like Kazza, LimeWire) cause I had the same problem like you and after uninstalling them my scores went up.

Yeah I already read through that, I don't have any of those things installed my my windows XP is a fresh install within just a few days

Neeseius said:
on 3dmark 03 a few days ago with my below specs I scored 22500 which is fine I guess. But now I suddenly only get 19k. This started happening last night after overclocking my CPU. It's clocked back down to normal but my scores are significantly lower and I triple checked all the settings in the bios. Last night I brought my CPU vcore all the way up to 1.58v (I lowered back to normal after I was don) while overclocking but I cant help but find it unlikely I damaged my CPU right? So I reinstalled my motherboard drivers and Graphics drivers and my score went up to 21K, but I'm still 1500 points off. So now I'm going to flash both bios's as well.
Any help would be great!
but also at Epox's website here I'm not sure which bios to install, they all seem to have different fixes?

EDIT - Does anyone know where I can find the latest and best X850XTPE AGP8x bios driver?

Wow, how are you getting 22K in '03? people with SLI can barely do that, but a single x850xtpe? with all setting tweaked out with my 6800u, and my p4 [email protected] i only get 14K (tho i realize your cpu is much more powerful, it shouldnt make 8K difference.).

Hmm, if defraging you harddrive doesnt work, see if you have any spyware/adware. And one way of highering your score is by disabling and unecessary processes from your cpu, sometimes it can make a big difference.

- Feuer Frei

Off topic but did you get 22000 in 03 or 01 cause 22000 seem's to high for the 3dMark03 and 22000 would be to low for 01 with your vid card.

Try getting the latest BIOS that usually fixes the problem and make sure you are running your RAM at 1T.

RedDragonXXX said:
Off topic but did you get 22000 in 03 or 01 cause 22000 seem's to high for the 3dMark03 and 22000 would be to low for 01 with your vid card.

Try getting the latest BIOS that usually fixes the problem and make sure you are running your RAM at 1T.

I was thinking the same thing.

- Feuer Frei

Neeseius said:
yeah sorry I meant 01 of course :p

I will try the 1T timing, so no one thinks I damaged the CPU?

If it was damaged CPU you wouldn't be able to run it at all, but yea if you have 2T command that could be slowing you down/low bandwith.

RedDragonXXX said:
If it was damaged CPU you wouldn't be able to run it at all, but yea if you have 2T command that could be slowing you down/low bandwith.

My system wont boot with 1T when both sticks are in (right now im using 2x 512mb PNY DDR 433 and its not in dual channel either, not the stuff in my sig sorry) Not sure how this 1T and 2T thing works, but my system will only boot 1T with 1 stick of 512 not both. I'm guessing cause im not in dual channel?

EDIT - Ok I flashed my bios, I'm going to run the benchmark again.
Does anyone know where to get a bios for my video card?

Last edited:
The score remains over 1k below but im still getting closer. It's now 21,317. I got over 19K with the same setup but a Athlon XP Barton @ 2.2 GHz. Do these gains sound right from my old cpu to my new one?

It may be about right, since both are running at 2.2. I doubt 01 is really designed to take advantage of everything the 64 has over the XP.

01 is more designed around the CPU than the GPU.

again, I'd suggest trying to defrag, fragmentation can gets heavy even after a few days use.

Back