• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What fan to get for XP90?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dguy6789

Have two questions for you.

Is a Thermalright XP90 compatible with the ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe?

If it is, what would be a good fan to use with it? I don't want one that is too loud(not much louder than a stock fan), and I don't want one that is so slow that it would barely push air.

I need one that would allow me to OC if I wanted to, while keeping temperatures in moderation.

Thanks in advance.

if you go to Thermalright's website it will have a compatability list, but even if there is one it's probably very small, as In most boards sould work

i have a panaflo 56cfm 35db and i love it, Delta tri blade lolol get it if you want to hear what it's like to leave next to an airport. lolol

Go with the high speed Delta Triple Blade. Great fan with lots of airflow and acceptable noise level. If you don't need the full 4000RPM then get a fan controller and you won't hear it at all.

an xp90 from newegg is 40 bucks, an xp90 from SVC is 25, shopping at the egg isnt alway the best choice. shop around. and you might wanna check out a Tornado, if you dont mind noise, for that XP90, if you get it from newegg.

yeah, if you don't feel like ordering from multiple places, you probably don't feel like spending more money - most of newegg's heatsinks/fans are overpriced, so the extra convenience of ordering everything from newegg, would equate to the extra cash spent because of that "convience"

at sidewindercomputers.com, you could pick up a XP-90C (copper) for the price of the normal xp-90 @ newegg

but count me in as another vote for the tri-blade if he ever decides to give in and order from sidewinder :thup:

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
an xp90 from newegg is 40 bucks, an xp90 from SVC is 25, shopping at the egg isnt alway the best choice. shop around. and you might wanna check out a Tornado, if you dont mind noise, for that XP90, if you get it from newegg.
I bought the xp-90 on SVC for 31, and it came with a fan. I have only one other 92mm, but this fan seems really quiet. It doesnt have any markings, so I can't tell you what brand it is though.

If the price diff is that much, then I will order from another place. Thanks you guys. I have a tornado 92mm, and there is no way I would use it for everyday use.

yea, they are even noisy at 7v's. check SVC for the hsf, as they usually have em for artound 25, and pik up a delta triblade from sidewinder, and youll be good to go with one of the best air cooling setups there is

Back