• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A Sly Logitech Trick!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Celeron_Phreak

So I'm at Walmart the other day ago and looking at the keyboards, hoping they'd have a Logitech Elite. Well they didn't, but they did have this "Logitech Elite Keyboard/Clavier LE". It was only $25.99, and I figured it was just a cut down version of the Elite. So I bought it and figured I'd try it out. If I didn't like it, I could always just return the thing. Well I come home and get it all hooked up. I think I figured something was up, when I noticed it had a PS/2 connector instead of USB. Here's the keyboard:

DSCI0004.jpg

DSCI0001.jpg

Can anyone tell me what this looks like????.......If you guessed the Logitech Office Pro Keyboard, you're right!!!

THIS is what the product REALLY is
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/p...1969,parentcrid=925,scrid=925,CONTENTID=10239

The only way I was able to find it out, was by typing in the model number from the bottom of the keyboard (Y-SAB59) into google. Funny thing is, the only results I got back were in Russian.

So...Is Logitech trying to make more money off of a current product by renaming it and selling it in another country, and hoping no one will look up it's model number? I found NOTHING about the "Logitech Elite/Clavier LE" keyboard online, but the pictures of mine prove that it is in production, and being sold as the "Elite/Clavier LE". I'm returning the keyboard this week because I don't want to have to pay $27 (with tax) for a keyboard I can get for about $15 off of newegg.

What do you guys have to say about this? SSS????? :)

lol. you just HAD to add that little bit in there, didn't you threeme? :)

Give credit where credit is due I guess. :p

Um what's the problem, did it say that it was usb and it wasn't or did you just not read the box? It clearly says it isn't the elite. So what's the issue, I'm confused?

The issue is that it's the Logitech Office keyboard, being sold as the Elite Keyboard/ Clavier LE. At least that's what he is suggesting.

its not that unheard of unfortunately.

compare the ford taurus, and a jaguar sedan.

whats the difference? less than you might think. much less.

whats the difference in PRICE? lots.

And the uneducated consumer gets sucked into buying the product because he/she doesn't know any better. I'm just glad I researched the keyboard first. I had a feeling something was wrong from the start.

Back