• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What are the best timings for a DFII U400S AL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thadude

Hello All,

I am new to your board, I have come here seeking advice.

I just recently purchased a DFII U400S AL. It is using the latest non beta bios from the DFI Website.

I have Dual Channel OZC pc3200 EL series ram.

I was able to get windows installed but not stable it constantly crashes. I have used this ram in my previous motherboard and it worked fine but took some tweaking.

I have been trying to find the best ram timings that are stable but unable to do so.

my current settings are [email protected]

This will boot but crashes after windows is running for about a minute.

I have tried 2-3-3-7, 2.5-3-3-7, 2-3-2-6, 2-2-2-11 all at 2.6, 2.7 and 2.8v.

I am not sure what I should be using, the manufacturor suggests [email protected] which I have tried but was not stable. I can boot into windows with most settings but 2-2-2-6 seems to be the fastest and lasts longest before crashing.

Basically I would just like to know what timings and voltage i should be using as stock.

I have the ram set to auto , it runs at 333Mhz Dual Channel Mode.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

How are you sure that it is your RAM causing instability? Have you done anything to try and rule out the other aspects of your system? Any one part that fails can cause your computer to be unstable. It doesn't seem like it's your RAM that is causing the problem since even with relaxed timings it is still unstable.

Vance S said:
How are you sure that it is your RAM causing instability? Have you done anything to try and rule out the other aspects of your system? Any one part that fails can cause your computer to be unstable. It doesn't seem like it's your RAM that is causing the problem since even with relaxed timings it is still unstable.

I had problems getting the timings right on the last motherboard too. The only thing i upgraded was the mobo, all the hardware i brought over worked and works in the other motherboard.

And I believe its the ram because different timings can create different amounts of stability.

All I am really looking for is someone with the same setup and what there timings are.

Back