• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

w00t! Gettin a 4400! Now...where from?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LoneWolf121188

So my original plan was to get a 3700 SD, but I managed to scrape up a little extra cash and now I'm going with the 4400! :santa: :attn: :clap: :attn:

...That is, if I can actually find it for around its MSRP of $581. TD has it for $626, ZZF has it for $639, and newegg has it for a whopping $719!!! I don't mind waiting a week, but I'm selling my proc this week or next, so if I wait more than that, my computer will be down until I get the X2...and that would be bad :bang head .

LoneWolf121188 said:
So my original plan was to get a 3700 SD, but I managed to scrape up a little extra cash and now I'm going with the 4400! :santa: :attn: :clap: :attn:

...That is, if I can actually find it for around its MSRP of $581. TD has it for $626, ZZF has it for $639, and newegg has it for a whopping $719!!! I don't mind waiting a week, but I'm selling my proc this week or next, so if I wait more than that, my computer will be down until I get the X2...and that would be bad :bang head .

Got mine at TD.com and it paid off.

If you're in a hurry, I'd definitely confirm any order before trusting it. Many folks who ordered from vendors claiming to have the 4400 in stock, over the last couple weeks are still waiting with no clear shipping date. Some of these vendors charge your credit card right away, so you pay interest charges while you wait. If I were in your position, I wouldn't believe I had a CPU coming until I got a tracking number.

That's why you call the place you're ordering from. I thought everyone learned that after the Venice/Sparco debacle ;)

LoneWolf121188 said:
Venice/Sparco? ...I missed that...Where was I?

They pre-sold like crazy, then said they were shipping them out and never did. Sparco said they would be the first to have Venice and in fact they ended up being like the last folks to have it. Moral there is to not pre-order or order items on back order. Just buy it when it's in stock and that's been confirmed.

Back