• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SIS620 Max CPU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigAir

Hi All!
I have a V76M MB Acer SIS620 SIS5595 Socket 370 motherboard and I want to put the best processor in it as possible. I did some research and came up with 633mhz Celeron being the max CPU that this board ships with. I could not however find out the biggest CPU it will support. Will it take PIII's or just Cellys? Just because 633 is the best the board ships with doesn't mean that that is what I am stuck with right? If I get a larger proc that isn't supported will it still work with a downclocked speed? Thanks for any replies! BIGAIR

Hi BigAir,
I've not found info about this Mobo, sorry, are you sure that this board support voltage adjustment? if not, well, probably it's better to go with another Mobo, otherwise you'll have poor chance of OC.

I hope it helps you :)

The SiS 620 chipset supports newer Coppermine PIIIs and Celeron IIs. The Celeron 633 you mentioned is a Coppermine-based Celeron II. From the link below, a BIOS upgrade for the 76M-2 specifically mentions the PIII 750, so that version definitely supports PIIIs.

AcerPower Se - BIOS Downloads

Motherboards, Versions, Files , Remarks
V76M , V3.2 R01-E3, 76R1E3.ZIP (8100), Abnormal logo while cold booting the system
V76M-2 , V3.2 R04-A4, EA84A4.ZIP (9400), System hangs with PIII750MHz CPU

http://www.acer.co.in/support/downloads/apse/

Back