• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Smallest 6600GT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

I'm after the smallest 6600GT you can get cause to be honest my floppy drive cable is in the way and I reckon it will cause me problems installing a big card.

I've just recently today helped my friend put a Artic Silencer 5 on his ATi XT800 and boy is it huge. We had so many problems that his SATA cable from his hard drive fits right through the back to his PORT1 on his motherboard. So anyone know which is one is smallest of out the makes put has a good performance rating still.

I have no idea but you can make an adapter for the floppy or get a longer cable?

Yep them 2 are the smallest yet which is best thou I heard XFX have a good card on the 6600GT range I'll check for prices on that one.

Cheers guys

I wouldn't worry about size. Who needs a floppy anyway? Just use it once to install those raid drivers and flash your bios with a PCI card. Then drop in that 6600GT and take that floppy out. How often do you actually use the floppy? You use your graphics card every time you turn your computer on, so that should take precedence over the floppy. As for size, that is a good question. Some one should start a thread on the size of graphics cards. Mine Px 6600 GT TDH measures about 7"x4"

You can get a USB floppy for around 30-40 dollars.. works like a charm, and fits snuggly in the drawer when not needed.

flixotide said:
You can get a USB floppy for around 30-40 dollars.. works like a charm, and fits snuggly in the drawer when not needed.
Great for when you need a floppy temporarily. However XP or w2k won't accept it when setting up the F6 special drivers like SCSI or RAID durring the OS installation. Only a floppy drive in the FDD header will work.

AngelfireUk83 said:
Yep them 2 are the smallest yet which is best thou I heard XFX have a good card on the 6600GT range I'll check for prices on that one.

Cheers guys
That XFX is the same one I have except mine has an updated non referance heatsink. It's AGP8x too while that Asus is PCIe.

My card has been trouble free since the day I installed it.

Almost every 6600GT is built on a reference board, which means they are all the same size.

Typicall the only companies that go and make their own boards are ASUS and Gainward.

Back