• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4 beeps, NO SPEAKER!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drec

Well....i've been running this system for over a year, it has no case speaker, i just installed a new PSU and now it keeps beeping 4 times about every 5 minutes wtf? i thought maybe it was the psu....but it doesn't sound like its coming from it.. :shrug:

Wheres it coming from what does it mean and how do i stop it, the system is running fine...

Axp 2800+ @ 2.25ghz
A7N8X-X
1GB pc3200
BFG 5900nu
new psu is a Aspire 550W chameleon

i changed my IDE connectors too, but my floppy dvdrw and hdd are working just fine i don't know why its beeping...

sure there's not a piezo speaker built onto the mainboard somewhere ? Usuall it would be near the bottom right corner. Some mobo's have this instead of or in addition to the system speaker header.

J.

Have you considered that a gremlin has possible invaded your pc and has constructed a small speaker in order to communicate with you? I say you learn some morse code and stop ignoring him.

I have an A7N8X and it does in fact have a piezo speaker onboard.... thats where its coming from ;)

Well wtf has it never beeped before...not even a friendly POST complete beep. :shrug: i still don't see this speaker, but what does 4 beeps while in windows mean!?

maybe im retarded (i guess i am cause their has to be a a speaker) but i don't see it

http://images10.newegg.com/productimage/13-131-468-01.JPG

and the gremlin said it wasn't him and if it keeps beeping hes moving out.

The one you pictured doesn't have it, but it should be right where I have circled in red... I know mine does for a fact have it, and it beeps at every post.... I never hooked up the case speaker cause I knew it had this speaker.

a7n8x.jpg

Back