• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

program for cutting music

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hainer36

is there a program out there that i can cut a piece of music out, and out it into a new song? basically a program for mixing? (im sposed to make a cd for our home games for hockey, and need to make up a good goal song)

I like Audacity. It is free and works pretty good for basic editing.

Audacity is a free, easy-to-use audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux, and other operating systems. You can use Audacity to:

* Record live audio.
* Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
* Edit Ogg Vorbis, MP3, and WAV sound files.
* Cut, copy, splice, and mix sounds together.
* Change the speed or pitch of a recording.

by the ime i saw the first pos, i had already found MJ audio (dont know if thats the right name?) but it was fairly easy and pretty good

Don't flame me for this but windows movie maker is super easy to use (plus chances are it's ALREADY installed on your system), only drawback is that you're forced to save as a craptastic .wma or .wmv file, but whenever i just need to quicky edit somthing i just use wmm.

thanks....but now i got the MJ Studio (free trial...i think) and its fairly easy to use, plus i only needed it to create one song, so now i dont need anymroe reccomendations, but this would be good for reference down the road for others

yeah audition/cool edit is good as well as sonar - both are multitrack editors

if you wanna go the single track route, look into sound forge

Back