• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seems theg KX133 ChipS has some hidden goodies and new thermal "Guop"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Angry

Well this morning I got to thinking about why I cant run more than 102fsb with my classic athlon 550, and Win2k anyway, I was doing 109 with Win98...here is what i did:

Got home from school:
my first idea was to thow fans behind the cpu...got to 103 but Win2k gave boot errors any higher.
Got to looking at the chipset and found the little green heatsink from Soyo tech to be warm after shutdown...
I then took out my dead record kt7a (with my tbird in for protection) and took the KT133a fan/hs off it. I then took the little green heatsink, (held by glue?!) off the KX133. found that the green heatsink was taller than the back on from the kt7a.Threw the fan from kt7a on green heatsink. I then had to figur out how to attach the sucker back to the board. I though of superglue but not heat conductive, and i have no thermal paste. Then i saw my fingernail polish (HEY i paint my finger nails, but im not "funny"..and people think im cool..and no on ur next one, i aviod red and i have a girl) Now I know that it dries soft but not hard like glue. So I put some on the green heatsink and stuck it back on the KX133. 15 mins later i tested with a pull on it no budge but it will twist a some but not enough to where it comes off. I then wired teh fan to my homemade wireharness that lays over my motherboard. Well...a problem showed up...the heatsink for the processor hit the fan when i tried to reinstall the cpu...I was able to move it up with the different mounting holes, but then i could not install the clips that held the heatsink on the cpus heatplate. Guess what i thought of next...the nail polish...put some on the heatsink and put it back on the heatplate...30 mins later (makeing sure) and it holds good..just cant put alot of force on it..

I reinstalled everything and i was surprised at what i got the fsb upto...110 from 103! im running at 605 now with memory set at pc133, i tried 111..had a prob with the modem not likeing the new bus speed so i put it down at 110, Im running fine now and in SiSoft cpu bmark i get 1678 mips and 830 mflops.
so thats a 55mhz increase..sounds good to me when I find a GFD and get my 1gig classic. :-D

Last edited:
yep..plus just got 611 111x5.5, moved modem to diff pci slot and all is good...

Back