• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which NF7-S?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rustafur

Howdy guys. Gotta couple questions with regards to the NF7-S motherboards. I see that three different ones are available from NewEgg. Which one is the one I need to get to overclock my incomming 2600 XP-M and use a RAID 0 array? The NF7-S2, NF7-S2G, or the NF7-S V2? I'm guessing the NF7-S v2 is the one to get, but I just want to make sure.

Also, I wanted to use the Zalman CNPS7000B-Cu as a temporary cooler, untill I get my watercooling system up and running. But I'm worried about room, as the socket sets right up against the edge of the board, and so does an edge in the case I'm using. Has anyone had any experience with this heatsink and be able to tell me if this will fit or not?

Thanks for the help guys!

You want the NF7-S v2. The S2 and S2G don't have the capabilities of the v2.

As far as the cooler, it probably won't fit in your case. Too bad, since it is a good cheap one.

steve

Thanks Steve, much appreciated. To bad about the Zalman... looks like it's over to the SI-97 I guess...

Back