• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wtf? can't publish 3dmark01se score?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spion

today i decided to do some 3dmark01 run's with my 6600gt. well i got a score i was satisfied with for the day, so i sent my result to orb. when i got to publish it, the box is greyed out and it says that "my cpu clock changed during the run" ??? i did a stright run thro of the tests so i know that the cpu clock shouldn't have changed. should i contact future mark about this? i did multiple runs and it did the same thing when i attemted to publish. plz help me!!!

wtf.JPG

edit: i sent an e-mail to futuremark. but i'm still wondering why i'm having problems...

Last edited:
no one has any idea what could've caused this? i'd like to know so i can keep this from happening in the future.

i tried running it again. i did 4 runs yesterday, all of them said the same thing when i tried to publish. the exact error message was

"This project can not be published due to detected CPU speed variation."

i'm not sure why it gave me that error... but i did some more tweaking today and did another run and it let me publish. i'm useing the 71.89 drivers btw. they are FM approved.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8652293

i still havn't heard back from FM... i was hopeing someone else has had this happened and knew how to fix it in case i get this problem again.

Try unpublishing the score below it and then publishing that score. Also i'm not sure if the 71.89s are still FM approved I think they dropped for a different set.

Finally don't hold your breath for FM they almost never talk to anyone and some days are downright jerks when they do.

grrrrr, i just improved my score by another 100 points but then it gave me that stupid error again....

"This project can not be published due to detected CPU speed variation."

oh well.... i guess i'll have to settle for being 2nd in the AXP section for 6600gt's becuase there's no way i'm gonna use LOD since I don't consider it a legit tweak.

thx for your input speed bump

well that could very well be it... i was messing with some memory timings too see if it would help my score any, the odd thing is that i made the timings looser than i did before. the run that i was able to publish i had timings of 2-2-2-11 and the next one i ran was 2-3-3-11(same timings as i had yesterday when it wouldn't publish). i don't understand how looser timings would make it unstable tho?

the NF2 mem controller must be picky with TCCD...

yeah memory instability's suck it ussually means you need to get out the memtest and check for errors. Ussually 2 or 3 errors per run is still stable enough for a 3dmark run. The get out superpi and find out where its erroring out yet with 8m. Useing both of those I am ussually able to find something that will stay stable for the entire 01 run.

Back