• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System FAN BIOS problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

papitu76

Hi,

All the information I am posting I got from SANDRA Software.

I have a PC with a Motherboard nVidia-nForce GA-7N400L. The processor socket is A PGA. I have a processor AMD Duron M10 &Athlon MP/XP (Barton/130 NM 1.8GHz+ 1.6-1.65v
If you see the bios is an AMD Athlon (tn) XP 3000+

In the PC Health Information of the BIOS I see this information

Current System Temperature 42ºC
Current CPU Temperature 93ºC
Current CPU fan Speed 2812
Current SYSTEM FAN Speed 0

Three are some warnings about the temperature that are disable because other wise the CPU Temperature would be on all the time

But if I see the SYSTEM FAN is working fine. Its moving.

The problem is that sometimes the computers make some noises and switchs off. It happens the last summer and this one as well.

Is it real the Current CPU Temperature due that the Current SYSTEM FAN Speed is false?

Am I in danger with the cpu?

Any advice how to fix the problem?

Should I post it in the cooling forum?

For a start there are 2 points on the mobo where you can connect a fan 1. is next to the cpu socket and the other is just to the left where you ide connectors go. if you do not have a fan plugged into the one next to the ide connectors it will show 0. There is also a safety feature which you can disable or enable in the bios on the fan side but you may have to press ctrl + f1 to see them.

If you cpu temp is at 93c then that is way toooooooo hot and is probably set in the bios to shut the comp down. You can adjust this setting in the bios to warn you at (i think ) 60c 70c 80c or 90c.

What type of heatsink do you have because it does not seem to be doing a very good job. download and flacsh the bios to atleast f10 or f11 if you have not already done so and post back with your answers.

AND :welcome: TO THE FORUMS.

Back