• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Successful vDroop and vOfs Mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

3DFlyer

Banned
Another great mod that went very well. I just got my IC7-G modded with the vDroop and vOfs mods that woutertal has posted in the Abit motherboards forum. It worked like a charm. My voltage is reduced because I do not have to carry inflated voltage to allow for load, and my temps went down. Like it says in my signature...he is an OC'ing God! That mod rules.

I still have to do some tweaking, and check for stability, but the quick stability tests look good. It will go through benches at 4.0 faster than it did before, and for some reason seems more stable. It was tested stable before, but it didn't run as smooth or as fast even though it was clocked that high. I suspect it now has more in it too. We shall see. :)

Sucka said:
Very nice, can we see some real world results, comparing before/after?

Yeah, definitely. I have to get the potentiometers dialed in. It's a real balancing act between the vDoop and the vOfs pot. You also have to keep going into the BIOS to set the vOfs because it regulates to 2v after the boot process and changing it after the boot screens won't affect anything.

it's going to take a bit to get used to it, and get it right. I keep overshooting the voltages. hehe

This has got to be the most extreme thing I've done yet. I can tell you this much...the machine will post and boot higher than it ever has. If this machine had H20 I could really clock it up there. Right now my Zalman is working hard at 4.0GHz. Before though it was nearly smoking at 4.0GHz.

It runs alot cooler now, becasue I don't have to carry and inflated idle voltage just to get the voltage I need under load. I'm seeing that now before it's even dialed in, and I'm typing this at 4.0GHz this very second.

Well better voltages are better in the very least.

I'll be looking forward to some results. And while you're at it, why not H2O?!?! ;)

Sucka said:
Well better voltages are better in the very least.

I'll be looking forward to some results. And while you're at it, why not H2O?!?! ;)

One word...money! LOL I wanted to get everything else tweaked first though. When i get some more money, I'm probably gonna start buying some good parts, but good water costs about 300 dollars +. I don't buy junk. If I'm gonna buy something it's gonna be the good stuff or nothing. That's probably why i run out of computer funds all the time! hehe

so where are the pics? :D congrats, im still tryin to figure out what to do to get my POS asrock board modded, i wanna do a vcore and a vddr, but the datasheets im fining are for opamps and i havnt quite figured out what to do to get higher Vs.

but anyways, break out the pics!

four4875 said:
so where are the pics? :D congrats, im still tryin to figure out what to do to get my POS asrock board modded, i wanna do a vcore and a vddr, but the datasheets im fining are for opamps and i havnt quite figured out what to do to get higher Vs.

but anyways, break out the pics!

I promise, I will get pics of everything and post them in their respective threads. I just have a bunch going on right now. I can't belive I managed to get the mods done in time. I still am tweaking on the mod, and may have to change out a resistor. I don't think the value was high enough. It's nothing dangerous, but I want full control over the mod.

replace the resistor with a 3 pin fan plug, then you cna just pop in new resistors without any soldering. or a 2 pun front panel header, might be a tighter fit on the resistor.

Back