• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Voltage mod beyond 1.65Ghz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mac42

By upping the voltage on my 1.33Ghz AYHJA to 1.85V I managed 1656Mhz with a load temp as high as 36C on moderate days (load temp can drop below 29C on cold days). This is obviously watercooling and could easily handle more heat, so I was wondering what you guys though taking it up to 2.1V would do for the speed?

This is a KT7a... I'm familiar with the voltage mod and have done it about 2 times before, but had to take it off when my roommate spilled water in my computer and blew out the board. :rolleyes: The voltage mod took that cpu (TBird800) from 950Mhz @ 1.85V to 1183Mhz @ 2.15V... if I could get that kind of increase out of my current chip I'd be in the neighborhood of 1.9Ghz! I doubt it would get that high, but do you think 1.8Ghz would be possible?

I know that right now there's no games that could really take advantage of that speed (omg, I'm actually limited by my GeForce3... and it's clocked faster than the GeForceTi), but it's fun to play with.

I upped my voltage from 1.86v to 2.06v and that took my system from 1053mhz to 1150mhz. And I'd still be there too if my 5v line didn't dip below 4.8v. :mad: You might hit 1.8ghz.

Back