• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IS7 250fsb 1:1, what do you need?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jakalwarrior

My ram will not run stably at 250 1:1 unless I raise the AGP voltage way up. At first I was very angry that my DDR wouldnt even do 250 when its rated for 275. I had the DDR voltage at 2.8, the timings lax as can be, and all the settings right. No go. Then I noticed I had turned my AGP voltage back down to the 1.5 stock. I cranked it up to 1.65 and instantly its 100% stable. Does everyone else also have to raise their AGP voltage to get high ram speeds stable?

its fairly common....helps a lil with the voltage goin through the northbridge...

i run mine at 1.6-1.65 24/7......always have...never had any issues....

I have always ran my IC7, IC7-G, and AI7 at 1.6v AGP voltage with zero problems. I've heard of several people modding the AGP voltage to run 1.7v or 1.75v, so I suspect 1.65v won't be any trouble as long as you have adequate N/B cooling and/or good case ventilation. One thing with the Abit IC7/IS7 mobo is that the RAS to CAS delay can't be as tight as some of the other timings. If you have it set to 3 right now, try 4. Also, make sure you disable the last 2 game accelerator settings (this will be on the same BIOS menu as the RAM timings).

Ive got the last two disabled but I was hoping to eventually be able to run CPC. From what ive seen sofar though its probably not going to happen.

1.65V on the AGP for sure. It's a big help.

CPC is usually problematic. Abits still milk the best memory performance out of this platform even with it off. I don't think there is much (if any) chance that you will achieve stability with CPC on at DDR500.

Think ive already found all the maxes pretty quick. 2.5 3 3 7 auto auto auto disabled disabled. Any thing tighter and it wont get to windows. Im pretty discouraged by the sandra scores though. only 5555 memory bandwidth. I was hoping for like 6000 atleast, 7000 being optomistic since with my PC2700 going dual channel almost exactly doubles the score and these sticks score 3600-3700 in single mode. I guess squeezing max efficency from a 333mhz bus is easier than from a 500 one though.
Mem scores with PC2700 at 2.5 3 3 7 : 4750
Mem scores with PC4000 at 2.5 3 3 7 : 5555

Back