• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800pro oc help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gammite

Registered
last night i downloaded ati tool and oc'ed my 9800pro 128mb to 413/362.

then i ran 3dmark03 and came up with a score of 6136.

as i was looking through the 3dmark results i noticed that 3dmark said my card has 256mb of memory!

i am confused about this because as far as i knew my card is only supposed to have 128mb of memory. my next step is to flash my card to a 9800xt

Does anyone have any insight as to why my card will show that it has 256mb of memory instead of 128mb of memory?

it is not a problem. it is just that with all of the researching and reading that i have been doing in these forums and on the net I have yet to encounter such a situation

i am not at home right now but as soon as i get there i am going to check ati tool and see if it verifies what 3dmark has stated.

thx.

same here :) i have a 9800pro 128mb. it also says i have 256 in 3dmark03. i flashed mine to a XT and it gives 250 points boost in 3dmark03 my pro did 6860 03marks on 441/388. flashed to an XT i got 7100 03marks :) make sure u have the r360 core thow. otherwise the flash has no use at al

gammite said:
it is not a problem. it is just that with all of the researching and reading that i have been doing in these forums and on the net I have yet to encounter such a situation.

When it originally came out the 9800 Pro came in a 128MB DDR version and a 256 MB DDR2 version, it's unlikely but you may have somehow ended up being sold an old 256 MB model. If you want to find out for sure (if the initial VGA BIOS screen and ATItool are providing conflicting info) look at the manufacturer name (infineon, hynix, samsung, etc.) on the ram chips, go to their website and look up the codes. It should tell you the capacity and type of the modules, and then you can just count how many there are and work out how much memory it has. It will also give you the intended speed of the memory (useful OC info).

Back