• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

have i hurt my 1.4?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zangler

i have had a 1.4 for about 1 month, and i am oc at 1.55. i run seti all the time, and now my sandra scores are what most normal 1.4s are at. it should be about 300pts higher. why? if i stop running seti 24/7? i dont know what to do. is it possible to slightly damage a chip? i tried running everything at default, and it is just worse. the fastest i can get my chip, is what i have it at now. i am hopping there is a simple thing i have overlooked, but i hope you guys can help. thanks.

Not to offend but did you stop Seti when you ran Sandra? its possible you were losing CPU time to Seti...If not have you done any bios updates or the like? its possible you've gotten a new bios that actually performs worse

yes, when i benchmark...i run nothing... i did do a bios upgrade last night, but im talking about before. i have a friend (we built the same computer) and he runs about 300pts higher than i do...that is how i know there is a problem.

Are you both using the same OS? That could change it...it could also affect it if you have different motherboards or memory timings...a whole bunch of things, really.

EVERYTHING down to the stepping on our cores (ayhja 9) is the same. including os. i have an extra hd and a cd/rw. that is it. that is the only difference....ram...mobo...bios....everything else is the same...even the case.

Are you using one set of results, or an average of several?

strange... are you sure you ain't running some background processes that are stressing you're CPU? (Ctrl + Alt + Del to check if you didn't know ;) )
Anyway, remember that no two systems can never be the same. You might just have had a run of bad luck when you got you're CPU. What about the memory benchmarks... are they allso alot worse?

the only thing is, i think my scores used to be up around his....my memory scores are a bit better than the "benchmark systems" running the same chipset and mem. but i do think that my scores were higher.

Back