• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a USB thumb drive with SD card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

damarble

I was wondering is such a thing is made? Basicaly an empty drive with a memory slot. I would be great to take the card from a camera or MP3 player and stick it in the drive for quick d/l.

I've got one of these. It's a Simple Technololgy product. A bit plasticky, but it works well and is full-speed USB 2.0. It comes with a handy USB extension cable for a mere $8.54 from Amazon. I keep it in my camera bag as not all SD readers support 1GB cards. I also use it so I can take my SD card out of my Ipaq and access it on school computers. Great device.

Attachments

• P1040501.jpg
    P1040501.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Thanks! I didnt think I had a new idea. I'll have to pick one up. Now how about one that supports XD and SD?

I saw a Lexar one that was a touch larger than mine that supports Xd and SD at Wallyworld yesterday for $19.97. I don't know if they are available online any cheaper or not.

Back