• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I hate UPS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scott d

So UPS was supposed to deliver a package to me last week, but i was out of town. They came by monday, tuesday and wednesday, and left those yellow slips each time. Now, according to their policy, they're supposed to hold the package for 5 business days after the 3rd attempt. I stopped by today to pick it up, and they said that it had been returned to the sender. Now, ignore for a second the fact that it has not been the 5 business days that they're supposed to hold it. They guy told me that i had REFUSED the package!! I wasn't even in town to refuse it. They sent it back the day after the 3rd attempt, and marked it as delivery refused. The guy said I should contact the shipper, and they can take it up with UPS, but there was nothing I can do. I will never use UPS to ship anything again, from now on, i'll pay the extra couple of bucks and use FedEx.

That really sucks. I dont like that whole policy myself but Im in good with my two UPS men (built them both computers) lol. I feel your pain tho.

BLcK said:
odd, they usually leave my packages at my front porch and dont ask for a signature

If the sender asks for a signature that u recived it....then you will get a yellow slip if your not home.If they dont...they leave it on the porch.

All you had to do was call UPS and tell them to hold it instead of having them try to deliver it three days in a row when you knew you would be out of town. So it goes both ways. You would have your package if you had called. Although they should not have sent it back so quick.

Kendan said:
All you had to do was call UPS and tell them to hold it instead of having them try to deliver it three days in a row when you knew you would be out of town. So it goes both ways. You would have your package if you had called. Although they should not have sent it back so quick.

I agree. Last week I had a package that was attempted to be delivered. Once I got home I saw this and knew I would not be home at the time the UPS guy usually comes. So, I called up UPS and had them hold the package. The next day I went down and picked it up. I did have to wait 15 minutes while they found the package though.

agreeed....lesson learned. What really irritates me is the principle of it though. What makes them think they can mark that i refused a package when i didn't? I have a friend who used to work there, and it turns out they do this regularly. If someone isn't there on the third try, back to the sender the next day. Doesn't seem like good business practice to me.

Alchemy1 said:
...I did have to wait 15 minutes while they found the package though.

Better than having to wait 3 days for my package to be delivered from the Flint, MI FedEx hub. FedEx has a ridiculous policy up here that they hold the package until its delivery date... even in you show up at the center to pick it up, they'll keep it :bang head

Back