• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Free eVGA Mobo with 7800 Purchase ...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Burnt_Ram

has anyone gotten this mobo with their 7800 ? the offer will be available here soon, and i would appreciate some feedback as far as its OC'ing capability's .... if it's decent i might just have to check it out ;)

That board is actually made by jetway, they call it 939GT4-SLI I think, but anyway look around the web for reviews I'm sure there are a couple of the jetway board reviews around. Just a heads up though this is the first time jetway is aiming at the overclockers so this is not as good as boards from other companies, from the review i read they don't overclock too well.

freeagent said:
Looks like it did pretty good from where im sitting :beer:
Yep, it does, the only reason I didn't get this deal was, first I was told it was a poor overclocker and I would have to get an overpriced card in order to get a $130+ sli board. But if it wasn't for my brother lending me some money I would have got this deal. That reminds me I got to tell my brother he lended me some money, he is going to be ****ed. :)

Avg said:
well i read that review, and i must say i'm impressed if you can trust the reviewer. which i'm pretty sure i can.

That Jetway mobo is right up there with DFI, MSI, and Asus from what i read. eVGA sent me a reply stating that the free offer will be available in Canada soooon, so i'm gunna buy one i think ...

This board overclocks VERY well. I'm seriosuly thinking about using this instead of my DFI. I figure its atleast worth a try considering I got it for free.

there is a guy in guru3d forums that got the exact deal..he he says hes loving it

Actually it is a pretty good deal. Get the great video card with a free motherboard, buy a simple CPU, PSU, and ram and your set for a whole new system. If you feel the motherboard is lacking, a simple $100 upgrade to a new one is still a fine choice.

Seems like an amazing deal to me. $500 for a video card and a great mobo to boot. This is not POS. It's like getting the card for $350 :D and a 7800 for $350 is a steal too :p Okay I'm rambling must be because I'd love to use this deal but at the moment I have no need for a desktop. heck I have no time for PC use :( But the deal is a good one. Do you have to pay for shipping? How much?

pwnt by pat said:
Jetway are notoriously low quality boards. Maybe this one is different?
I thinks its pretty obvious that it is. A low quality board would not overclcok as well as it did in the review. I'm going to be doing a comparison review between the DFI Ultra-D and the eVGA board at some point.

I've heard that a lot of people have been surprised by the high quality of the board as well as its' layout. Plus the fact that you don't need a PCIE bridge card (or whatever it's called) or jumper settings or anything to run a single or dual PCIE video card setup is great.

Burnt_Ram said:
what i want to know is, will my XP-90 fit ??? thats the million dollar question ! damn i wish it would hurry up and arrive !!!
I've heard of problems with mounting aftermarket heatsinks... Something about needing longer screws. I really haven't looked at it myself but this motherboard is using push pins in place of the screw and nut that holds the frame in place on most boards. It does look like they reinforced the frames mounting holes in the PCB with metal surround.

Back