• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems mounting heatsinks on Gigabyte NF4 motherboards - GA-K8N Ultra-SLI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

okayfine

To all of those who own a Gigabyte NF4 motherboard, do any of you have any problems installing heatsinks that must use their own mounting bracket because of a small raised IC chip near the socket?

Right now, I am using a Zalman 7000 HSF which doesn't need any mounting brackets whatsoever - it screws directly onto the backplate ( Gigabyte GAK8N Ultra-SLI )

However, when I tried to install a Coolermaster Hyper 6 HSF, I've discovered that there is a small raised IC chip near the socket and prevents the mounting bracket that came with the Hyper 6 from lying completely flat around the socket. The mounting bracket that came with the gigabyte motherboard has 4 small feet which raises the bracket above the IC chip. But most 3rd party mounting brackets have a completely flat bottom which presents a big problem.

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about :

Raised IC Chip : Link to picture.

Bracket with 4 feets that came with the motherboard. Link to picture.

Has anyone else experience any similar problems?

The heatsink I really would like to use is Scythe Ninja SCNJ-1000. It too needs its own mounting bracket for use on socket 939 motherboards.

Thanks much in advance.

Yes there is small IC but i did not noticed it till now. It looks like you have create a hole in a mounting bracket so the IC can fit in or stick with zalman. I know that this isn't much of a help :-/

Back