• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heat Sink Question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigDawg

Registered
I have a thermalright sk6 with a delta 38 on it....i want to upgrade the fan to the faster delta 38(51cfm's). But...someone told me to get the 80mm delta screamer if it will fit. I cant seem to find a fan adapter to get an 80mm fan to fit that heatsink. does anyone have any ideas on how to adapt an 80mm fan to that hs or is there an adapter out there and where can i find it.?

Better to try make one, the ones online are way overpriced and aren't designed well. Better to go for the ghetto look with some cardboard, an aluminum can, or a plastic bottle.

On more than one HSF I've been able to bend the clips holding the fan so that an 80MM would fit. DO NOT use one of those 60mm to 80mm "fandaptors", they return WORSE temperatures. For me anyway.

Try to set the 80mm off-center from the 'sink; there is a dead-air spot directly underneath the fan axle.

Back