• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Uber Overclocking E6 stepping?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChesterMcCheese

As we know, there is one and only one stepping that's good overclockers on every revision of core - week 47's for winchesters, week 17's for E3 venices. When will this stepping for E6 come?

I vote to get a mod to make a poll!

A64 Venice E6 3000+ from ewiz.

ADA3000DAA4BW
LBBWE 0530D9DW
2730736G53318

Prime and Folding@home stable at 2.70Ghz (9*300)

Watercooling with DD TDX and DD Zchipset waterblocks and CoolRad 12T radiator (radiator similar to a BIX) with 1 fan pulling + 1 fan pushing.

wats the point of having a fan pulling air thru on the radiator? will it drop temps?

sorry this isnt on topic but i noticed and was wondering

EspElement said:
wats the point of having a fan pulling air thru on the radiator? will it drop temps?

sorry this isnt on topic but i noticed and was wondering

Using a push pull fan setup on the radiator increases the airflow. It depends on many factors how much the temps may improve.

for me, I got around 4C drop compared with 1 fan pushing.
(i got the coolermaster fan while i got a psu that have 24 pins. before, it is using the fan that came with the tt tsunami dream case.)

so if i understand this right.. lets say u have a single fan radiator.. u have a fan on oneside that is pushing air out.. and then u screw a fan that is blowing air away from the radiator on the other side?

fan rad fan
< {} <

like that?

Stepping doesn't matter. It's all myth. I had the SAME stepping as godman, and he couldn't even reach what I could. Every chip is differen't it's all luck of the draw. People are still not going to believe what I say, so....?

ChesterMcCheese said:
As we know, there is one and only one stepping that's good overclockers on every revision of core - week 47's for winchesters, week 17's for E3 venices.
???
The week a CPU was made doesn't matter. People have gotten high overclocks on every week. It's just a matter of whether you're lucky or not.

Back