• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What about credit for old work?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Magicky

Registered
Hey everyone. Any help appreciated:
I must have started doing work units in 96 or 97 (so far back I can't really remember), although the last few years have been spotty. I would like to add to Overclockers total as well as my own, but I haven't been able to get a reply from Berkeley about my old work. I understand that they use a different system for assigning work units, but does this preclude being given credit for old work? I remember the ISP I had "back when", and my email handle is the same, Magicky. Any ideas who to contact to see if it's even possible to recieve credit for past work? :bang head
Tahnks
Magicky

Well if you switch to BOINC, the whole credit system is completly different and incompatible with the classic point system. So if your running BOINC, your old credit will only show up as a line in your profile, but will not count towards the new credit system.

To put the credit system for BOINC in simplest terms, BOINC grants credit based on how long it took the machine and how high the machine benchmarked. Then Berkely will validate your work unit to make sure that its computed correctly by comparing it to other people who have turned in the same work unit, then will grant credit based on a mean of the quorom of results returned for that work unit.

If your old email account is still active, you can register for BOINC here
http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/sah_email_form.php and your classic stats will be shown in your SETI BOINC account.

You can learn how to setup BOINC from the BOINC link in my sig.

Feel free to ask more questions, as I'm not sure I really hit exactly what your looking for.

Feel free to ask more questions, as I'm not sure I really hit exactly what your looking for.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply, I tried to rememeber al the old email account stuff and guess I've gotten too far along to excatly remember it all. So no joy there. It isn't really too important, just trying to get a leg up :)

MAgicky

Back