• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3 way Mobo deathmatch

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wa77ss

as of right now.. i got an MSI-RS480M2-IL 939 AMD 64 mobo. It came with my comp when i first bought it. now i know a lot more i feel it just isnt up to par for my soon to be "gamin rig". and quite frankly, i think it sucks some balls. now i got that out the way, for the three way mobo deathmatch.

PleaSe make any suggestions if there is a mobo u think that is better than the three i have listed .. ......i have researched these three so far.

for amd 64 cpu

either the

F*** links= )..ill just name models here..srry for the bad links
in order of what i think is best all around =) price is around 200
1.DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD
2.ABIT Fatal1ty AN8-SLI Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD
3.ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD

these will be paired with two BFG 6800 GT OCX ; )

Last edited:
I think the Asus and DFI are equaly good. DFI if my goal was to OC, and Asus for just a well rounded mobo. Cant really choose between'em as Ive had both companies and they both did me right. Id go with the Asus cause Im not the biggest OC'er, and Im super satisfied with the one I got now. Never had an Abit but i hear good things, but I trust Asus and DFI. In fact I was looking at that Asus for when I go PCI-E, that has the passive chipset cooling right?

i think i am gonna go with the a8n. more pci slots, just as stable if not more and doesnt run hot, support for sli, and more storage devices including ata. i like a lot. most of all most reviews said it runs perfect out of the box and easy for noobie overclockers like myself. overall a8n > dfi lanparty and ultra d

The A8N-SLI Premium sucks right now for an X2. vCore still doesn't work right, and Asus is keeping pretty mum about it and not responding to tech support trouble tickets. :mad:

good thing i got a amd 64 3000 + instead of the x2. u think i should hold off until they get that bug worked out ?

If you intend to get an X2 in the near future then you may want to hold off. If you are not going to be getting an X2 anytime soon then get the board.

Back