• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fan on inside or outside of shroud

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d94

$30 a phone
playing around w/the diff possabilities
picture1292ka.jpg

picture1334cx.jpg

picture1369ig.jpg

I believe having the fan on the outside would be better because you are adding distance in order to avoid the void created by the central hub of the fan.

Also, you might want to make the hole in the case bigger to allow more air to pass and not to restrict your rad setup.

Bryan d.

bryan_d said:
I believe having the fan on the outside would be better because you are adding distance in order to avoid the void created by the central hub of the fan.

Also, you might want to make the hole in the case bigger to allow more air to pass and not to restrict your rad setup.

Bryan d.
hehe i just took pix to give an idea :)
when i actually install my WC ill dremel the **** outa that hole :santa:

the fan on the outside would be best, more concentrated flow of air (i think.....) and less noise

oh

put those sanyo denkis to good use......:D

AlucardCasull said:
Denki's, psh, Tornados!!

Wouldn't help much seeing as the biggest tornado is 92mm and he is using 120mm fans. That and if he wanted power and didn't care about how load they are, he could get the 220CFM 120mm Delta.

now im wondering if i should sell my chevy core and buy a bonny heat core w/shrouds... i could have the heatcore in somewhat in the case so that it fits above the psu! what do you guys think?

i like the bigger core idea best: you're going to be dumping a lot of heat into your loop.

also, go ahead and stack the fans... you wouldn't get any more CFM, but you could suck a pci card through your rad if you felt like it... j/k

Back