• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman 2hc2 HD cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gorilly

got my new zalman 2hc2 yesterday. i didnt really expect it to make a difference, i just wanted by hard drives in my cdrom bays so i could cut a bigger hole in my case.

they do work! the heat pipes are boiling hot to touch so they must be taking some of the heat off the drives (2x RAID 0 segate SATA 80gb 8mb cache 7200rpm), also the rubber screws have cut a hell of a lot of noise out from hard drive vibrations.

i was really doubtful about this but now i feel its money well spent!

xoxide_1863_154170038

Thumbs up to zalman!

yeah, i bought that thing. i then proceeded to strip EVERY screw they provided. the screws only held my drive in by 3 or 4 threads, and i had to bend it to even get it to touch both sides of the drive. standard maxtor drive, mind you. true, it took my temps down 13 degrees (i ended up zip tying it on), but i realized simply putting a fan right on the drive did the same thing (for me).

to^^^^
I does not matter how much better the performance would be. You can not overclock a hdd so there is no point in cooling it down too much. If it is in a range where the hardrive is safe there is no point in cooling it more.

Back