• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ok guys i need 120mm case fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madhatR

i dont know what i want .. i need 6 of them .. they have to be 120mmx25mm .. i just received my sunbeam fan controller .. this is all going in a coolermaster stacker 810 case .. i dont really like noise .. i currently have a ninja cooling my cpu with a 120mm vantec stealth which i believe moves 56cfm at like 30 or less db .. not that good but its not loud ..
which do you guys recommnend .. i would like around 100cfm ...
what do you guys recommend ?!?

I am now using silenx higher speed 12 cm fans in my case. They are a little over priced and I think they are louder than advertised but I have no way to measure but they are doing an excellent job. In fact, I replaced the panflow case fans I had with them.

MadhatR, 100 cfm is a lot of air to move and it can not be done quietly. It seems that if you have 6 fans theyou really shouldn't need them blowing at 100cfm as that would be noisy. (I know you have the sunbeam cotroller, but isn't that for 4 fans?) Also, be mindful that many companies stats are not worth the paper they are printed on. At least with Delta's you know what you are getting, but you pay a premium. There quietest model at Sidewinder moves 57cfm at 31dBA.
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/de12trbllows.html
I use an enermax, which is quiet on low and moderately noisy on high, but even o high does not move 80cfm.
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/12clearulwit.html

well i know Mad Dog fans are rebadged meduim flow yate loons which are 100cfm at 32cfm .. i just dunno ..

57 cfm on the deltas ? u think 3 of them in the front of the case will provide enough air flow /

deltas are currently the highest cfm fan on the market. why the 25mm? you can get better cfm and pressure if you get 38mm. i still don't get what you want though, performance or noise...

-1cem4n

madhatR said:
well i know Mad Dog fans are rebadged meduim flow yate loons which are 100cfm at 32cfm .. i just dunno ..

57 cfm on the deltas ? u think 3 of them in the front of the case will provide enough air flow /
Do you mean 100 cfm at 32dBA? Yate loons are first rate fans, but I really don't think that would be possible. Well 3 times 57cfm is 171 cfm. That sounds like a lot of air to me. The Vantec Stealth's would do about the same, but I am partial to the Deltas. Something you may want to check on the Yate Loons is the rpm's. They may tell you which stat is being exaggerated, the cfm up or the dBA down. (That's one reason I like the Delta's because they are what they say they are so there's no guess work)

according to the guys over at spcr they say the mad dogs are the real deal .. i cant fit 38mm fans in the front of the drive bays without modding then and dont wanna do it .. i guess i could go 56 cfm triblade deltas if the ever come back in stock

Even if the motor was whisper quiet I doubt you could get near 100cfm and still not have the wooshing sound of air. My desk fan has a motor I cant hear but the movement of the air is what makes it noisy.

Quiet is relative as well.

However, deltas are nice because most are great on a rheo. Loud and fast on high but pretty close to quiet on a low setting.

JT

How about 120mm Evercool Aluminums? They push plenty of air, and with a little undervolting they should quiet right down to a whisper. I remember a huge thread/battle between the 120mm Evercool's and the 120mm Panaflo's on which one was the best quiet fan.

If the mad dog's are yate-loons that sounds like a good deal. yate-loon is suppose to be a pretty good quiet fan. Might even be able to pick them up cheap because of the brand name.

Maybe a medius speed yate loon? They will only push 70 CFM or so, but they are quiet.

well i dont mean whisper quiet .. i want like around 70cfm or so .. dont want anything above like 35dba or so .. i wanna be able to move enough air thru my case to cool the PWMIC area of my motherboard and my video card .. so there is a steady flow of cool air

definitely no LEDS .. just want some good black fans lol

madhatR said:
definitely no LEDS .. just want some good black fans lol
Unfortunatly you can't buy the regular medium speed yate loons anymore (unless you get a mad dog whisper fan.). I'd rather not have leds, but in the ned you ncan aalways just rip them out or something. A yate loon is definatly your best bet for quiet fan though.

I undervolted my old Aluminum Evercools to under 5v to get it really quiet, though it wasn't as quiet as a Nexus, as I later found out. I would just get one of these or the Mad Dog. I think you can get the Evercools at CompUSA as well.

I love my deltas they undervolt very well. At 7v they move a good amount of air and arn't loud, at 5v they're silent and move an ok amount of air. There 120x38 though...

I split a case of deltas from electronic goldmine with a friend. 18 for $30 was a pretty good deal. There sold out now.

Back