• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800pro Replacement HS+Fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gravitywell

Hey guys, my 9800pro's (softmodded to 9800XT) HS fan is starting to make some strange sounds. So I've all but stopped gaming because I dont want to injure the card.

I'm looking for an inexepensive (<$25) HS+Fan for my card. Sound isn't really much of an issue, my pc already sounds like a small turbine-engine.

What do you suggest?

Cant go wrong with the VGA Silencer. I used one on my old 9800P and I was very impressed with it as a cooler. Price is doen to $13.99 as well. Another, more expensive cooler you might want to look at is Zalman's VF700AlCu. Another great cooler if you are willing to shell out the extra dough over the VGA Silencer.

Thank you for the suggestions. I'll most likely go with the VGA cooler, mostly because of cost.

My card is OC'ed to the XT speeds, but that's as far as I went with it. Could I push it further with the Zalman?

Back