• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microsoft XP is STUPID!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stftk_137

Registered
so ... I wake up this morning and all my settings are changed...like my desktop settings and everything but then I realize it is noticing me as a differnet user :S

I have the user folders
Administrator
Chris Goodman
Trink
Chris.GOODM356

but last night when I click on Chris Goodman on my welcome screen it brought me to Chris.GOODM356's settings but today when I woke up it brought me to Chris Goodman's settings...thats not what I want, can I change it so it brings me to the other settings? there is only two accounts on my welcome (login) screen

Windows creates a new porfile folder for a user when it is unable to find or access the existing one. It then gives the user all of the default settings, and a new folder with username.computername (or domain name if that is the case). Find out why you no longer have access to the original folder, and settings and correct that.

Back