• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hardware temperature confusion.........

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TomPC3

I did the obligatory searching but couldn't quite find what I am looking for, if this has been explained before please ignore me. I've just recently built the system in my sig and was curious about stock temps before I start fooling around, what I find is where the confusion begins..... Room temp is 20c, I start the comp and immediately go to mobo's temp monitor where it reports ambient temp of 34c and processor temp of 35c. I then go to video cards properties which reports 54c. I don't understand how on initial bootup the ambient machine temp can be reported back so high. Is this correct or should I just look at the difference between the two? Also after a sound thrashing (playing FarCry or D3 everything maxed out) processor shows 37c and video card shows 62c. I have seen that some of you use Speedfan or Everest. Are s/w monitoring programs generally this inaccurate?

tom

First of all, there isnt an Ambient temp monitor on your system. It is most likely the Chipset or PWM temp. As for being inacurate, they are not perfect, but give you a close idea of the temps.

This is what I was asking about, should have included this the first time.....

Attachments

• vctemp.jpg
    vctemp.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 46
  • cputemp.jpg
    cputemp.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 46
Well, those temps are fine. It only takes a second or so for the CPU to heat up once the PC is turned on. Same for the rest of the components of the system. Your load temps look fine too. I wouldnt worry about them.

Everything looks good from here..you using any aftermarket cooling on your GPU? Mine idles around 45 and at load is about 55...but the temps look great imo

Stock fans only, no overclocking,,,, yet... The warmest the V/C has gotten is 64c. The CPU is always between 31/37c.

Your doin awesome then...let us know when you start crankin on it then post some temps :cool:

Back