• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How high can I expect with a XP 1600?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ghost_recon88

Senior Jedi Master
Yeah, I know, it's weak. But hey, it's what I've got. I know the stock clock is 1.4GHz so can I expect anything over 1.7? What are some clocks that you guys have gotten out of ether a 1600 or 1700?

i think that chip is only avaliable in palomino and Tbred A cores. Dont expect too much from it. with the right cooling and the right voltage, maybe you will be able to hit 1600MHz if you have a Tbred A

Yeah, I know it varies from system to system but I was just looking for an average. The rest of the system is a stock cooler (I believe, would have to double check), 512MB of DDR-2700 (since it's rated for 333MHz, it should be a problem) and an Epox motherboard.

I had two xp1600 AGOIA's when they were the hot chip out. I got 1.8 out of both of them, but using really high voltage. The older xp's didn't mind voltage up into the 1.9's so long as your cooling was good. Couldn't get any higher than that even on water and 2.10v.

What is the CPU core? Palomino/TbredA/TbredB?
Good stepping Palominos used to max out at around 1.8-1.9GHz at 1.8-1.9volts
The TbredAs would get to around 2-2.1GHz at that voltage.
TbredBs on the other hand would hit pretty damn high speeds, and 2.5GHz is not out of the question with the right equipment, but most would do 2.3-2.4GHz

Back