• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows XP Home Registry issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cbakey

Hey,
Its been a wheil but i have a question about windows XP home. The reg. has deleted or messed up the files for the cd-rom drives. Windows will not show the drives in my computer, and the info about the reg. is comeing from the device manager, any one know how to fix it?
Thanks
Bakey

O btw I still fold for 32.

So are you saying that your cd-rom drives dont show up in My Computer anymore?

Try running add/remove hardware and after it probes and comes up with the list just close it down. I have a cdrom drive that never shows up unless I do that.

I have tried that, i have it down to that the windows drivers for them have been altered some how and i need either 3rd party drivers or new windows CD rom drivers the drives i need them for are a TDK 32x10x40B CD- burrner and a Samsung sc-148c.
Thanks
Bakey

you will need to do a search for "upperfilters" and "lowerfilters" in the registry. You should see it under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\IDE but in other locations as well. Find your optical drive's specific model number, and delete the lowerfilters and upperfilters values.

you may find the value "lowerfilters" in several different locations but the only locations that are of importance are where you see the model of your optical drive as the parent key, and the upperfilters present as well.

Know Nuttin said:
you will need to do a search for "upperfilters" and "lowerfilters" in the registry. You should see it under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\IDE but in other locations as well. Find your optical drive's specific model number, and delete the lowerfilters and upperfilters values.

you may find the value "lowerfilters" in several different locations but the only locations that are of importance are where you see the model of your optical drive as the parent key, and the upperfilters present as well.

Thanks you very much that solved the problem. I owe you one for that.

Back