• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

limiting client bandwidth

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rebelwarlock

the high school i'm working for has a satelite internet link, so we can get fairly fast download speeds. i'd like to be able to limit this speed on some of the computers so that we don't get too many warez monkeys. the clients are all windows xp and the domain controller is windows 2000 server. is there a way to limit the download speed?

wow, that's quite a bit more complicated than i anticipated. thanks for the tip :)

smoothwall has some mods that can do it as well, this might be slightly easier, provided you have an old machine around to play with

eh? said:
The cheapest/easiest way would be a proxy.

best idea, then you can add a filter and stop the so called 'warez monkeys' looking at 'warez' full stop. get websense or something... but for god sake dont trun proxy avoidance off, the the kids can work that out they deserve to be able to look at what they like.

Back