• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Core Opteron 175 Results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dpgthing

Disabled
My opteron 175 has arrived. I will pick it up from the post office tomorrow morning and begin testing within the next 16 hours. Stay tuned as this should be a good one! :)

Excellent, can't wait to see the results. I'll make sure to post mine once I get my dualie.

nice dpgthing :cool:.

what are you cooling it with? [edit] ahh didn't see you had a
ThermalRight SI-120. [/edit]

good luck with your overclock! :attn:

Last edited:
The one 175 that I have seen had the same stepping as my 3800+, Had a MaxTCase of 49 and barely did 2600.

Hope you don't get a CCBWE :(

Don't know the stepping as I haven't opened it yet....it's still in my mailbox :)
I will post pictures and all the goodies whenever I open it tomorrow morning. I hope I don't get a dud either. My 4400 tops out around 2.6Ghz, so anything better than that is worth it. Right now I'm at 2.6Ghz (260x10) @ 1.55v w/ my 4400+. This will be the first mark I shoot for. Cooling will be the same as in my sig. Everything the same except the processor of course :)
SI-120 with a bunch of fans.
Anxious-ness is setting in, but I'll go sleep on it now....L8R.
P.S.: Don't fill up the thread too quick :p

i dont see anyone on here or xtemesystems that actually has one yet.

Last edited:
dpgthing said:
My opteron 175 has arrived. I will pick it up from the post office tomorrow morning and begin testing within the next 16 hours. Stay tuned as this should be a good one! :)

Early Christmas for you eh? :thup: Can't wait for your results! :beer:

BULLSH*T...Monarch sent me a Opty 170!!!!!!!! I ordered a 175!! I will call them as soon as they open.

Notice the price drop of the 175 too??? It's down from 599 to 525...it's cheaper than the 170!?!?~?!?!?!?!
http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=M&Category_Code=NA_2

EDIT:
BTW, It's a CCBWE Stepping just like my 4400+.
I put it at 280x10 and it booted into windows and starting priming for about 5 minutes then i stopped it. It gives me errors when I try SPI 1M. I then rebooted and it gave me kernal missing file error before windows boot. So I backed down to 260x10 and it boots fine, however SPI 1M won't pass, priming right now for a few hours....
Keep in mind, I'm not keeping this thing since I ordered a damn 175 and they sent me the wrong processor... I will have to request that they give me a refund for the amount that the processor is listed on the site for now. Since I'm having to re-order it, I shouldn't have to pay 599 for it since it's listed for 525 now :). Anyway, Enjoy folks....

Anyway, here is the first screenshot...It's priming right now:
opty170cpuz.jpg

Priming on both cores at the Above screen shot specs....... IT WILL NOT PASS SPI 1M (gives me error as soon as it starts....@ 2.6Ghz and @ 2.8Ghz) I haven't had much time to play with it, as I had to go back to work, I didn't try SPI 1M @ stock settings... If it fails on Stock settings too..HMM, what could that be? Because it's passing Prime.. My 4400 would pass SPI 1M and 32M but wouldn't pass prime...hmm

Last edited:
Back