• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pentium 2.0 Overclock Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DJ Emergency

Well after seeing some posts I figured that you guys are kings at this. Well I know how to over clock and all, but my question is how far can I over clock this CPU with a Prescott case with normal air cooling?

Here are my specs:

Attachments

• Specs.JPG
    Specs.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 83
Know Nuttin said:
:welcome: to the forums.

I would expect roughly 2.4-2.6ghz, give or take. Don't go too high with the voltage either.

Thanks for the welcome :)

I have it at 2.2 Ghz and my cooling is at 41C. I just tried 2.4 Ghz and my computer locked. How would I raise the voltage in my bios?

EDIT I got it about 2.3 Ghz now!

I don't think that motherboard has a PCI lock and without that, at some point you will end up running the PCI too far out of spec. Yeah, running 2.4 gig without the PCI locked would mean 40 MHz which would be very unstable. I'm guessing about 115 FSB is as far as you'll go unless by some miracle that CPU would do 133 FSB (which puts everything back in spec).

Last edited:
Unfortunately both that board and stepping (B0) will hold you back. That's one of the first 2.0As that came out and you'll be lucky to do 2.6 gig even with a good board. I had two B0 Phillys that did 2.9 back then and those were exceptional.

The later China 2.0As will do around 3.3 gig at mebbe 1.60-1.65 VCORE at most. But these are D1 steps.

The flat out best overclocking single channel P4 board back then was the BE7-RAID. It could squeeze an extra 3-4 mhz out of a CPU but it was a horrible ram board.

Back