• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sapphire x800 GTO mod possibilities

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmike314

Registered
Been a long time since I've posted out here.
I still lurk quite a bit, though.
Now I need a little advice.

I've been scanning/searching the forums and reading all that I can about this.

I've got a new rig spec'd...everything but the vid card. I've been looking at the Sapphire X800 GTO. I know for a fact it is:
- R480 core
- Samsung 2.0ns

I would assume that this would lend itself to excellent overclocking, but I'm more interested in unlocking the other 4 pipes. Is the unlock purely dependent upon the fuses as stated in the "TechPowerup!" article (which I won't know until I start building) or is it possible the the core and memory are identifiers of an unlockable card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jms

i have the r430core, but look at the pic below... will i be able to unlock? is there a large chance of me killing the videocard? i cant afford to kill off this card :(.

when i try to flash at at startup in dos... it says this:

BIOS DeviceID= 0x554D
ASIC DeviceID= 0x554F
Existing SSID = 0x1600
New SSID = 0x0302
Existing BIOS p/n= 11x-CC6600SA-002
New BIOS p/n= 113-A49001-100
Flash Type= ST M25p)5/c

error: data not erased
Error 0fL01: Press '1' to continue

I DID iT!!!!

I did it!!!:D
i used the latest atiflash program instead of flashrom along with a 1.6 x800xl bios. My card was also slightly overclocked before i attempted the flash... i just woke up and tried it... and it worked. Sofar the only benchmark i've done is ati'tool. framerates gone up from 200to 235.

and atitool shows it as 16 pipes.

right after i flashed, i restarted and atitool showed me as having 0 pipes. so i uninstalled drivers, rebooted, reinstalled drivers and after restarting it showed me as having 16 pipes.:D

Thats the good news. bad news is my driving force pro wheel which i spent $150 on is broken.:rolleyes: just when i thought God had stopped hating me. my videocard is only at 39c with core and memory oc'ed by a around 10%.

i would not be suprized if my videocard just expbloded though because i am cursed like that.:eek:

Gabkicks said:
I did it!!!:D
i used the latest atiflash program instead of flashrom along with a 1.6 x800xl bios. My card was also slightly overclocked before i attempted the flash... i just woke up and tried it... and it worked. Sofar the only benchmark i've done is ati'tool. framerates gone up from 200to 235.

and atitool shows it as 16 pipes.

right after i flashed, i restarted and atitool showed me as having 0 pipes. so i uninstalled drivers, rebooted, reinstalled drivers and after restarting it showed me as having 16 pipes.:D

Thats the good news. bad news is my driving force pro wheel which i spent $150 on is broken.:rolleyes: just when i thought God had stopped hating me. my videocard is only at 39c with core and memory oc'ed by a around 10%.

i would not be suprized if my videocard just expbloded though because i am cursed like that.:eek:
time to overclock it and see how fast it goes..... good luck and congrats.

my card doesnt have the 480 core, so its not that great of an overclocker with stock cooling and voltages :(. stock i got around 4200 3dmark 05 times. and after the unlock and oc i get around 5000. could be my other hardware bottlenecking the card.

Back