• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My PC's monitor wont turn on...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nickydigital

:shrug:

So I just put together my new pc, I know nothing is wrong with either the hardware parts because my friend just gave them to me the other day and they were working perfectly fine for him. I have everything plugged in correctly just the monitor wont come on. Im using a Ati Radeon x850XT PE

i tried with several different monitors and still nothing :bang head

When you say the monitor won't come on do you mean there is no power getting to the monitor? Does it turn on but say "No Signal" or something similar? Or does it remain blank after turning on?

nickydigital said:
:shrug:

So I just put together my new pc, I know nothing is wrong with either the hardware parts because my friend just gave them to me the other day and they were working perfectly fine for him. I have everything plugged in correctly just the monitor wont come on. Im using a Ati Radeon x850XT PE

i tried with several different monitors and still nothing :bang head

If possible could you put it in another slot?

:welcome:

I cant put it into another slot because I only have one PCI-E slot but im going to keep trying new things :santa:

Enablingwolf said:
See if the card will work in the original machine.

yes everything works in its regular machine all i did was take all his stuff out of his case and transfer it into mine, except for my harddrive and CDROM, I dont even get a "NO SIGNAL" on the monitor.

Does it work in BIOS. Or is that a bust too? = Rules out drivers.

Have you retested the card in the original machine since the issue cropped up? = Rules out your setup.

Is there another card to try in the slot to rule out the slot itself? = Makes sure your hardware is A-ok.

Unplug the monitor(from the card), and see if you get a no signal on the screen with power. If the No signal comes up while it is not plugged in the card, you know its the card. If you still recieve no screen with the cable unplugged and powered up the monitor is at fault. = easiest test. Rules out the monitor bieng bad.

Last edited:
Back