• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x800gto2 --> x850xt pe issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

<barfly>

Registered
ok, so i did the flash to 16 pipes, no problem. When i did the flash, it automatically Oc'd to 540/590 speeds, at these speeds, the card gets up into the 60+ temps, and i am getting artifacts. I scaled back the speeds, and am currently running 520/500. Temps under load still hanging at about 60C and i get occasional artifacts in games and on 3dmark (occasionally).
*Do i need to volt mod to run at these speeds and higher without the artifacts or could i have gotten a bad flash?

*Should I try reflashing the card and starting over?

*maybey i just have a card that doesnt overclock as well as the rest?

Thanks for any input. By the way: i am running a Kingwin dual heatpipe setup and have my card in the lower (8x) pci-e slot on my DFI ultra-d with the jumpers set to SLI.

Two things:

1. Some cards may not handle the flash as well as others. I suppose there is a small chance that the flash itself may be causing artifacts.

2. I personally think you should upgrade your cooling a bit before you rule out heat. I would suggest the Zalman VF-700, but there are other aftermarket coolers such as the Arctic Silencers that might do the trick.

deception``

Sounds like you used the x850xt bios ? Try flashing with the modified x800gto2 bios. This will give all the same speeds as the stock x800gto2 but with all 16 pipes open.

J.

i tried a few different bios' till i got one to unlock the 16 pipes. lol the second time i tried the first one i used it unlocked the extra 4. the first time i did it, it closed 4 lol went to 8 pipes! UHG! i used an 850 bios, didnt work, went back to the original 800gto2 bios and it opened the pipes up to 16

Maybey i need to reflash the bios again with the gto2 bios

Hey Juliendogg, can you link me a good bios for this item? maybey a different one than i am currently running?

Back