• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Holy acidic thermal paste Batman!"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Holy crap! Thats awesome! I mean not for the guy, but what it did to it. WOW... i gotta get my hands of some of that (looks at stock aluminum heatsink) :D ...this is gonna be fun!

Incredible. I was thinking the same thing. This stuff can be fun!

But.. yea. What do AMD and Intel coat their heatspreaders with, Tin?

Yuriman said:
Incredible. I was thinking the same thing. This stuff can be fun!

But.. yea. What do AMD and Intel coat their heatspreaders with, Tin?

Ha, that sure is a good question to ask. Hey, at least you wouldn't have to worry about cutting the heat spreader off, just apply some thermal paste and voila! No more heat spreader!

It's frightening.
I wonder if it dissolves what they use to connect heatpipes to copper base...

Conclusion? I'll stay with my pack of Arctic Silver pastes :D

I saw this stuff on eBay a few weeks ago and was tempted to buy some. The temptation is no more!

Does anyone know what chemical is in that stuff? At least it didn't deteriorate slowly and ruin the hsf while he was using it, or he could've blow his cpu or something.

i know it eats aluminum but does it react to anything else? could that dmg a cpu if applyed directly to the die?

lol my god thats awesome, i wanna get some and throw some stock HSFs in it :D. also, i wouldnt think it would do anything to the die, but i wouldnt exactly want to try it just incase ;)

Careface*

Nasty little invention :p
I guess its almost entirely useless because most new cpus have that heatspreader and aren't those usually aluminum? So it would burn away and destroy the cpu.

LoneWolf121188 said:
Didn't our resident TIM taste tester order some of this stuff? I haven't heard his report on this yet...

:D Hope he didn't decide to taste this TIM.

A lot of CPUs use Silicon thats been dubbed with Aluminum & Gallium. I guess making the aluminum/galium compound isn't that hard :D. My guess is that pouring it on an actual CPU (without the protective covering they put on top of the die [not the IHS but the "glassy" part]) you'd kill it by reactivating the process.

Also to answer an earlier question, IHSes are made of Copper that is plated with Nickel.

Last edited:
damn that is pretty sweet...

Talking about chemical reactions... I still want to see how big of an explosion francium makes when it contacts water :)(from a safe distance of course).

My chemistry teacher said he was watching g4tv awhile back and they did drop cesium into a hot tub (blowing the thing apart).

Back