• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Two Loops?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Son1990

For my next project, I plan to water cool.
Specs are in sig.
My question is, Does it make sense, or provide better cooling, to have two loops(1 for SLI cards, 1 for Proc)? :shrug: I can see it making a slight diffrence but would it be worth it? I see a slight variation in prices but that dosent bother me to much. The one proc loop would be a BIX 2 with a storm, and then the second would be a BIX with maze4's in SLI. Of course this would mean having 2 pumps. Also, would if you guys say its better to run one loop, would two pumps give more head pressure to make a cooling diffrence?

What do you all think? Suggestions?

~Ken

Ok well then its def. worth it. Im just asking if it would make a diffrence cooling wise.

if you really have the money to spend and you like seeing insane bench scores what i suggest is a seperate loop and on that loop using waterblocks that cool the gpu and ram.
also i would use a bim2 and in the center of the bottom end cap is where you would modify it so that it becomes an intake.

you can actualy increase the input size to half inch ( what i would do) and if you use a 350 for a pump get or mod it. usualy you can only find the intakes modded but some people have been able to cast a new top with 1/2 inch outlet as well. ( the one we had was actualy partially cast and partially machined) or you could even go with a 655 and set it on 2-3

once you have your intake at the bottom of the rad ready you use the 2 previous barbs both as outputs and have each one run to a diferent card ( tube length should be equal) from the facts to the res tubes should also be equal and your res should be tall and narrow with 4 holes in it. the top for filling and bleeding. then the 2 inputs and then the bottom for the output to the pump.

the good thing about this is you can also use this part of the res with some work to support the weight of the video cards if you hard mount the res to the case from above.

Back